Become A Member
To apply to be a member of MDMF, please provide the following information.
- Interest Letter
- Current CV
- Percentage of practice or work dedicated to dance or dance medicine.
- Contribution to science or research of dance medicine.
- Contribution to teaching or training in dance or dance medicine.
- Relationship with dance studio or team.
- TWO letters of recommendation from an owner, instructor, choreographer or coach of a dance studio, team.
- All applicants must describe their dance practice experience.
- Applicants must chart their experience by year to ensure that they meet requirements.
- Applicants must document the number of direct dance practice/involvement hours in their specialty.
Clinical/practical Contribution to Dance
- Description of clients who were dancers over the previous 3-6 months.
- Please expand on how your knowledge of dance improved your ability to treat the patients
- Applicants must also submit one case reflection demonstrating specialty practice in dance medicine or dance injury. This case study should be based on a patient/client seen within the last two years.
- Applicants who are physical therapists must hold a current license to practice in Minnesota and be members of the APTA.
- Applicants who are athletic trainers must hold a current license to practice in Minnesota and be members of the NATA.
Applicants are required to pay annual membership fees of $200 at the time of being accepted as a Minnesota Dance Medicine member.
The request and materials to be reviewed are to be e-mailed to email@example.com or mailed to the following address:
The Minnesota Dance Medicine Foundation
Cowles Center for Dance and the Performing Arts
528 Hennepin Avenue #602
Minneapolis, MN 55403